Human Resources Statement
The NXTevent strategic intent is to build an event planning and destination management company infused with expertise and knowledge in an inspiring goal oriented environment. We design and implement purposeful entertainment programs with compelling content and results. We continue to entice and secure a diverse client portfolio through our excellence in a personalized and tactical methodology combined with intelligent program solutions.
NXTevent welcomes the opportunity to hear from talented, motivated candidates who have made a career choice to be involved in the wonderful industry of meetings, events and destination management. Our employees are highly competent, creative individuals who demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. The quality of our employees is reflected in our history of success that reflects the competencies, energy and inspiring commitment of our team.
While engaged in our professional environment, our employees will continue to gain in-depth knowledge and experience in their chosen areas to become well-rounded event practitioners by the nature of our small business environment.
The basic qualities that you need to possess to work well within our team are:
- An instinctive talent in event, meeting and destination management
- A desire to work in an inventive, interesting and intense work environment
- A combined skill to work independently, but also within a team structure while in program
- Confidence in your ability to cultivate and manage relationships
- An authentic interest in creative and business mediums such as Writing, Design, and Proposals
If you possess the desire to work in Boston’s finest, fastest growing, professional event and destination management-event business and are enthusiastic about contributing to the success of a vibrant company as well as meeting and events community, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
60 K Street
Boston, MA 02127
Email Us: I want to work your you!
- An exciting and thriving small business environment
- Competitive Benefits and Vacation Pay
- Outstanding Opportunities to Grow Your Career
Outline of Benefits
In an industry that is continuously on the go and requires travel, we endorse a balanced and healthy lifestyle by offering 8 paid holidays per year and competitive vacation policy after one year of employment.
- Medical Insurance
NXTevent subsidizes approximately 80% of the medical insurance premiums for individual coverage and approximately 30% for family coverage.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
A portion of eligible generic, preferred and non-preferred drugs are covered through the medical plan program.
- Retirement Benefits: SIMPLE IRA
Building a secure financial future means saving and investing for the long term. Our Simple IRA retirement savings plan can help you do that several ways, through elective and matching contributions. Employees contribute to their Simple IRA plan and the company matches these contributions with up to 3% of annual pay. Employees are eligible after 1 year of full time employment.
Intern Program Statement
NXTevent offers interested college students an Internship Program designed to train the next generation of event and destination management professionals in the skills necessary to become successful and integral parts of the meetings, events and convention industry.
We combine practical hands-on experience with day to day operations. Our goal is for every intern to experience an internship that provides useable skills for the business world as well as establishes a meaningful work portfolio to assist in the interview process as graduation approaches. Each intern that successfully completes their internship will receive a customized letter of endorsement based upon the skills they demonstrated while in the internship. While immersed in our professional world, our interns will gain in-depth knowledge and experience in their chosen areas to become well-rounded event practitioners.
If you possess the desire to intern in Boston’s finest, fastest growing, professional event and destination management-event business and are enthusiastic about contributing to the success of a vibrant company as well as meeting and events community, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
60 K Street
Boston, MA 02127
Qualifications And Skills For Our Interns
- Your personal and professional presentation are impeccable in and out of the office for in person, online or on the phone interactions with our business and client community.
- Qualified Candidates must possess excellent computer skills, a good telephone manner and personality, and attention to detail.
- Hands on operational, in the field work is required.
- Excellent computer skills, organizational and office skills
Generally, our apprentice program includes participation in core areas of company sales, marketing and program operations. You will be working with key company leadership as well as participating in company initiatives and operations.
Responsibilities will likely include
- General and Office Phone Work including answering, transferring and management.
- Filing and required Paperwork on Programs including follow up vendor communications.
- Reconciliation and closing of Client Programs with Accounting Department.
- Preparing, composing and sending company information with cover letters to current, past and future client and industry relationships.
- Reorganization and inventory of company operational supplies from onsite programs back into inventory and business operations.
- Assisting in the research and development for company proposals as required.
- Participation on onsite programs operationally with client events. You will part of the operational team executing live events and programs.
- Updating and migrating database information as well as basic marketing including writing, editing, direct mail, email marketing, newsletter and company listing information.
- Research for Lead Development for sales and account managers
- Internships must be for college credit ONLY.
- Proficiency and previous hands on experience with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ease in learning internet and other software capabilities.
- Workweek Commitment; your workweek commitment will be based upon on credits earned as well as by work-study / college credit requirements.
- Part time internships will generally work 2-3 full days with 8-10 hours days.
- (40) Hour internships will generally require Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:30 p.m. as well as weekend and weeknight work with our company operations schedule.